Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Flickering Screen

As I write this, I'm watching "American Idol." I'm almost ashamed to admit it. I suppose I can see the drama and entertainment value. I'm not really a fan of public humiliation, however deserved, or the style of music (though it does make a party, I suppose). I guess it's more about bonding with my roommates, particularly with Dimiter, who doesn't like "24" or "the Office," like the rest of us. We're judging the men at the moment, and I'm pulling for the fat guy with a lot of hair, just because I like to root for the fat guy with a lot of hair. (As an aside, Jeff Foxworthy is in the audience, which adds entertainment through osmosis) TV so addicting, there were times I have purposely tried to live without one. I could be reading, writing something more philosophical (ok, ok, maybe not), learning to finger-pick like all the cool guitarists. Yet nothing gets guys to bond like a flickering screen. We need the help.

Update: the guy with the hair did great.

No comments: